Perry Hilltop

Perry Hilltop, also known as Perry South, is bordered by Marshall Road and Perrysville Avenue to the North and South and Brighton Road and East Street to the East and West.

Perry Hilltop Map PDF
GTECH Trail Map PDF

Perry Hilltop

History of the Neighborhood

The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania purchased the area, formerly part of the City of Allegheny, from the Indians in 1784. The City of Allegheny was then annexed to Pittsburgh in 1907. Federal Street and Perrysville Avenue trace a path approximate to the historic Venango Indian Trail, a trail once used by Commodore Perry to carry supplies to Erie for his naval battles during the British War of 1812.

Today, Perry Hilltop features spectacular views of downtown Pittsburgh and Northshore developments while maintaining beautiful green spaces. Close to Interstate 279, residents are only minutes from downtown attractions and McKnight Road shopping. Perry Hilltop’s business district of more than a dozen stores serves the neighborhood and there is easy access to public transportation, schools, churches, recreation centers and senior citizens facilities. Riverview Park offers tennis courts, horse and bike trails, a ball field, picnic groves, a playground, swimming pool and the Allegheny Observatory. Neighbors jog, bike, walk their pets and meet neighbors there, occasionally glimpsing deer and wild turkeys. The Triangle Tech learning center attracts students from all over the region. Other institutions located here include the Reformed Presbyterian Home, the historic Brashear House and Pressley Ridge.

AMENITIES

- Fowler Park & Pool -

SHOPS

BREADWORKS

PERRY MARKET

2601 Perrysville Avenue 15214

(412) 904-3813

BLANCHARD BARBER SHOP

2535 Perrysville Avenue 15214

(412) 231-3333

MO'S CONVENIENCE STORE

2101 Perrysville Avenue 15214

(412) 322-1114

2110 Brighton Rd. 15212

(412) 231-7555

2344 Perrysville Ave
Pittsburgh, Allegheny County 15214 USA

  • facebook
  • twitter

©2017 by Perry Hilltop Citizens Council. Proudly created with Wix.com